The Cobra Chronicle

Park Vista School Duel

Lily Girton, Print Managing editor

Monday, Jan. 22, 2018, seniors Shannon Chamberlain, Thomas Ketterle, Jason (J.J.) Pieri, William Speer and Rebecca Maze competed in BEACON-TV’s television show, “School Duel”. The show features contestants from high schools in Palm Beach, Dade and Broward counties who answer a variety of trivia questions.

“In the first round, we just simply answer questions but later on, they put a picture on the screen and slowly reveal hints about it as we try to figure out what it is. They also have a round where contestants choose a letter and every answer has to start with that letter,” said captain Shannon Chamberlain.

Chamberlain was selected to be the team captain because of her prior experience on the show. She competed on “School Duel” two years ago, but did not have the opportunity to compete last year because the team “did not score high enough”. This year, Park Vista secured a spot to compete on the show.

As captain, Chamberlain had the ability to recruit team members. She picked a diverse group of intelligent students with different academic strengths.

“I picked J.J. and Thomas because they always ask sports questions and most students from other schools don’t expect that because they’re more academic,” said Chamberlain, “They’re both scholar athletes and know how to answer those types of questions.”

The first episode featuring Park Vista vs Jupiter high school aired Thursday, Feb. 15 at 7pm on BEACON-TV and their next match against Suncoast High School will air on April 5 at 7pm. It will also be periodically aired on the channel and available on the website the week after it airs.